Table of contents
- During the Trip
- Make sure your passport is up to date. Up-to-date means that the passport expiration date is at least 6 months after the trip concludes.
- Attend mandatory pre-trip meetings held by the professor.
- Complete pre-trip syllabus requirements.
- These requirements could include required reading, papers, or lectures.
- Prepare 1-2 prayer requests for the upcoming mission trip.
- Pray for the Lord to open the hearts and minds of the people you will attempt to reach with the Gospel.
- Prepare spiritually and physically.
- Complete Trip orientation and documentation.
- Some locations require visas, immunizations, and more. You will be informed of these requirements once you apply for a trip. Make sure your passport is up to date before applying.
- Pack well. The trip leader/professor will provide a packing guide.
- Promote your trip to others and invite them to join you in praying for you, your team, and those to whom you will minister on the trip.
- A fund-raising template can be provided upon request to help raise funds for your trip.
During the Trip
- Have quiet time every morning before going out to do ministry.
- Keep a daily journal. In most cases, this is required as part of the syllabus.
- The journal will include a witnessing log, noteworthy events, insights, and praises.
- Journaling is to be a practice of expectation, thanksgiving, and prayer in your lives.
- You will submit the journal in CampusNet after the trip is complete.
- Write a donor letter to thank those who made going more affordable for SEBTS students.
- Fully participate in all activities.
- Be humble, kind, compassionate, and tender-hearted.
- Do not give handouts to locals. This giving could end up hurting the people more than it helps. Ask local workers/pastors about the best way to aid those in need.
- Maintain security if in a secure location.
- Partner well with local workers and nationals in ministry.
- If instructed, take photos and videos to send to the CGCS Communication Specialist.
- Do not be a cause of conflict but seek cooperation and love with all you interact with.
- You are on a trip representing SEBTS and the CGCS. Do not hurt the reputation of the school while on the field.
- Abide by all the policies in the student handbook. These are not removed while on a mission trip with the school.
- Write a reflection paper as outlined in your syllabus.
- Turn in all the other assignments that are due as required in the syllabus.
- Praise the Lord for what He did during your time on the mission trip.
- Share stories with others to encourage them!
Return to Student Home Page